Uplift Our Future
We are a working museum fuelled by volunteer enthusiasm.
You can help propel our museum forward for future little and big people to enjoy.
People of all ages volunteer to help us look after our museum and our incredible aircraft. Every little task completed helps us to preserve our museum for future generations to enjoy.
Working at the museum is a great opportunity to learn more about the aviation industry. Our volunteers include groups of students, trainee mechanics, retired aviation personnel, engineers – anyone who loves aircraft.
What can you do?
- Meet & Greet – assist with admissions and directing of visitors
- Aircraft Maintenance – clean and polish one of our beauties (interior and exterior)
- Aircraft Restoration – work under strict supervision to restore static and operational aircraft
- Building – help with repairs and new building projects
- Training Projects – bring your trainees to build or create a project
- Library & Memorabilia – cataloguing, preserving, model building
- Fundraising – organise a fund-raising activity at your school or community
You don’t have to know how to do any of these things yet – we will help you.
Why help at the museum?
- Learn about the aviation industry and a variety of aircraft
- Share your passion with others and inspire future careers in aviation
- Help look after the past, for future generations to explore
- If you’re a student, you can earn community service hours for milestones, such as the President’s Award
- Work on your hobby with our enthusiastic aviation team
What to wear?
Please wear old clothes and bring a packed lunch.
We greatly appreciate our passionate and hard-working team of aviation enthusiasts.