Where are we going today?
Get an insider view into aviation
Our aviation museum is run solely by enthusiastic volunteers. We are based at Rand Airport in Germiston, ideal for a day trip in Gauteng.
People of all ages enjoy the museum and learn something new – from toddlers to grannies and grandpas.
We invite you to take a behind-the-scenes look at aviation in South Africa.
Explore our museum
Our museum is the only one in the world that has two Boeing 747 aircraft, one which you may enter into.
“We initially went for the kids, but we probably enjoyed it more than they did!” Sandrine Ngandu Tshiany
Save with a Group Booking
Go in a group - invite friends and family to join you.
Groups of 10 or more will pay:
R40 / adult (R10 discount)
R25 / child (R5 discount)
* We are a non-profit company. All proceeds go to the upkeep of the museum.
Booking is essential for large groups.
Plan Your Trip
- Day visitors can buy tickets at reception
- Entry Fee: R50 / adult and R30 / child
- Group tours need to be booked in advance
- A deposit is required for group bookings
- Guided tours are available on Saturdays and Sundays
- The last tour departs at 2:30 pm
- Tours operate on a first come, first served basis
- Guided tours for groups on weekdays can be pre-arranged
- Our guides all have experience in the airline industry
- The shop is located at reception
- Gifts and toys for aircraft enthusiasts
- Books and DVD’s available
- Collectible badges, patches, model planes
- All proceeds go to a good cause – upkeep of our museum
- Tuesday to Sunday 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Last Entry 2:30 pm
- Closed on Monday
- Allow, on average, 1½ – 2 hours for your visit
- Open on all public holidays, except Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Days
- The museum is signposted from the main road
- Free parking is available right outside the museum
- On-site toilets are available
- Currently not wheelchair friendly
- Outdoor Aircraft Park is not recommended in rainy weather
- Cold drinks available at reception
- We have a braai / lapa that can be hired (seats up to 50). Book here