Unleash Your Passion for Aviation
Join our group of Aviation Enthusiasts
We need your help to continue our journey at the SAA Museum Society in South Africa.
Direct your interest in aviation towards a good cause and help us preserve our heritage to inspire future generations.
Ad hoc meetings are generally held on the first Saturday of every month at 15:45. They may include lively discussions, guest speakers, videos and quizzes.
Cost of Membership
Pensioner or Student: R50.00
Sponsored Child (under 18): R20.00
* Renewal fees are due by 31 March annually. (Membership is from March to February.)
What are the benefits of being a member?
Our SAA Museum Society Motto
“A strong passion for any object will ensure success, for the desire of the end will point out the means.”
William Hazlitt 1778-1830
What do we do?
Our “working” museum runs on constructive enthusiasm. We have all kinds of members and different activities available, depending on your interests.
- Join the restoration team
- Join the historic memorabilia team
- Join the volunteer tour guide team
Help for new members
People sometimes feel they do not know enough about our collections or how to act as tour guides.
We have resources to help you:
- Experienced members to work alongside you
- Digital book about the history of our organisation
- Tour guide manual
We are constantly in need of volunteers to staff the Museum each day during open times.
View the content in “The South African Airways Museum Society” book.
- Official workdays are normally on Saturdays. (Please contact us to check dates.)
- Wear old clothes
- After a hard day’s work, we sometimes relax and enjoy general chit-chat or a braai together
Annual General Meeting
Time: 1st Saturday of August of every year at 15:45.
Venue: Boeing 747SP
We are proud of our members
The members of the SAA Museum Society, all of whom are volunteers, have every reason to be proud of their fine achievements in preserving the history of South African aviation.